Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Journey North

Let the" panic" begin.  We decided to leave Los Barriles on our own. 

We decided to stop on the highway to let the big rigs and buses by; it was safer.

I am looking out at the switchbacks, for on coming rigs.

Check out the width of this truck.  His red flag is over the yellow line.

We see the sea at one curve.

The valley at the end of it.

These trucks scare the dickens out of me...

The desert is starting to bloom.

The Bay of Conception, heading north to Santaspak.

Sunset, looking west over the hills from Santaspak.  The colors were breathtaking.

One of many pets begging for food.  This was a nursing mom, she wined at the door after Ed left, I couldn't resist.

Lonely road.

Heading north.

Spring desert greens.

This kitty is pregnant.  How sad.

We were stopped by the Federalies.  I wanted to take a picture of them inspecting the bus, but I was accompanied while outside.  So, I took this picture instead.

Swiss design?

Go slow through town.

I was happy to stay behind this truck.

Typical Mexican drivers.  Do you think they are impatient?

Rain makes a mess.

 Ensenada, south of Tijuana.

Entering Tijuana, the border patrol on the US side.

Getting ready for the border kayos. 

After many wrong turns and U-turns, we made it to the semi line up to the border.

In line......Tijuana...  It took 2 hours to get through,  The inspection took another hour.  Very happy to cross to the US.  The Baja vacation was uneventful and safe. The locals were friendly and English speaking.  I was sorry that my Spanish wasn't that great.


No comments:

Post a Comment